I haven’t posted in a while. Things have just been a bit hectic lately with work and I’ve also been travelling a lot. On the plus side, I have a lot of favourites and discoveries to share with you guys.
A couple of weeks ago, I promised Amy that I will post a review of a new concealer I’ve using now for a couple of months. A concealer that is BETTER than Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. It is probably the best thing since sliced bread.
It is Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Makeup Foundation. Now bear with me: this stuff really works even though it’s not actually a concealer.
It works for two reasons:
1) It’s maximum coverage foundation – which means that a small amount of this product can cover tattoos as well as even the darkest under-eye circles. As much as I love Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, it never fully covered my dark circles. If yours are less dark, it’s still a great concealer. But if you feel you need to put a lot of product to fully cover your dark circles – try this product foundation instead!
2) Because it’s a foundation when you use it as a concealer your under-eye area is the same colour as the rest of your face. That means that you won’t look as if you sun tanned in goggles.
You need only a small amount of this product to cover your circles. It doesn’t look cakey, it doesn’t crease – it’s simply perfect.
How to apply it so it stays on all day
Now, if you are going to wear it for more than 8h per day, which is what I do most days, here is a little tip on how to make it last all day. I believe this was one of the youtube gurus who I’ve learned this from and have been using this trick everyday.
1) Spray some of Urban Decay’s All Nighter on a make-up sponge applicator and apply it under the eye before makeup.
2) Then apply the Double Wear foundation or other concealer. I powder it lightly with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder.
3) Finally, spray a bit more of the All Nighter and gently apply it over makeup under the eye.
No retouching – how it looks when you first apply it
A bit later in the day – still perfect
This will prevent creasing and your concealer will look fresh all day long. It’s about £28.50 for 30ml. One tube will last you a very long time.