The filming of the third series of BBC’s Sherlock started in March and I’m getting excited for the new episodes. Clearly, I’ve re-visited the two previous series just to refresh my memory. While I’m aware that I’ve been beaten to the punch by a number of youtubers and bloggers, I’ve been wearing an Irene Adler inspired eye look for the past couple of weeks and I thought I’d share it with you.
Irene’s look is quite subtle: she’s not wearing a lot of eyeshadows, in fact in some scenes she looks like she’s not wearing any. I’ve used a matte neutral colour just to cover any redness or discolouration around the eyes. I’ve also used a darker brown colour for a bit of crease work. Irene contours her eyes and accentuates the outer corners of her eyes to give herself that cat eye look. The most prominent feature of Irene’s eye makeup is of course jade eyeliner. The actual eyeliner which was used on the set of the series (MAC liquid eyeliner) has unfortunately been discontinued. I used a pencil eyeliner instead.
Finally, I used Photoshop to change my eye colour to resemble Irene’s :). Below is a short tutorial including the final look with both brown and blue eyes. Hope you enjoy it!
1. I primed the eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion and applied Illamasqua Justify eyeshadow all over the eyelid. I blended it out with Sigma E40 fluffy brush.
2. I used Inglot 10S brush and Sephora 23 brush to apply MAC Era to the crease and Inglot 461 eyeshadow to the outside corner, the outer part of the crease, and to the lower lash line.
3. Finally, I used MAC Satin Taupe and applied it using ELF contour brush to the outer corner of the eye and blended it out.
4. I applied a couple of layers of MAC So There Jade eyeliner along the upper lash line. And a little bit along the lower lash line.
5. I used one coat of mascara to complete the look. Irene used Borghese Superiore State Of The Art Mascara (which I don’t have).
6. And now for a bit of pure Photoshop magic.