I got nominated for the Libster Award!
Big thanks to mother/worker/chef/wife for nominating me for the Libster Award for up and coming bloggers! It made my day.
I started this blog less than 6 months ago and am really enjoying posting and commenting on other people’s blogs. It’s been a great experience so far: I got some great product recommendations from the wordpress community, I learned how to make overnight cocoa-berry oatmeal, and met really interesting people.
So here are the Libster Award rules:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for you.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 up and coming blogs and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
11 things about me:
- I love jewellery, particularly silver jewellery. At the moment I’m obsessed with earrings. I just bought a stunning pair of ginkgo leaves (my favourite tree) silver earrings in Camden.
- I lived in 4 countries and 7 cities in the past 9 years.
- Photography is my passion. The fist photoshoot I did was in high school. I dressed a friend of mine in my mother’s wedding dress, did her makeup and took pictures. Her family loved the photos and often mentioned them, even when we were both at uni. I now have a photo web site.
- I did my friend’s wedding day makeup. I think I would have loved to be a makeup artist.
- I have seen every single episode of Scrubs more than 10 times. Even the 9th season. I also watched Spin City (still makes me laugh, amazing show) and Cougar Town (penny can!). I think Bill Lawrence is a great writer.
- I would love to meet Jon Steward, I’m such a fan!
- If I could, I would eat New York cheesecake every day.
- I like to listen to classical music when I’m working.
- I love learning new things, gaining new experiences and broadening my horizon. I think live if all about progress and improvement.
- I love travelling to the northern countries and Arctic regions. I love the northern landscape.
- I used to be scared of flying.
Answer to mother/worker/chef/wife’s questions:
- What’s the most memorable meal you’ve ever had? A sushi dinner at a fancy restaurant in Tokyo. Guy next to me ordered a live fish and ate it while it was still moving. I almost cried.
- What is your favourite time of the day? Night, between 10 pm and 3am.
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Internet. I get discomgoogolated. I’m definitely a product of the digital era.
- What’s your “high” (best moment) for today? Getting my PhD
- How do you relax and unwind? By going to the gym and by walking when the weather is nice. Retail therapy also works well : )
- Where in the world would you go if you could go there for free? Back to Japan. I miss it so much. Also to one of the Poles, preferable the North. It’s on my bucket list. Plus if the guys from Top Gear can do it, so can I.
- In relation to #6, who would you take with you? Someone adventurous who would keep laughing and making jokes even if we were lost at night, without food and soaking wet. I’m lucky to have friends like that.
- Who is your favourite cartoon character? Garfield! : ). We have a lot in common: we love coffee and dislike mornings and spiders. We also both love lasagne
- What makes you happy? Work. Achieving my goals. Feeling that I have accomplished something that I have been working for. Feeling proud of the work that I’ve done.
- What song makes you want to sing it at the top of your lungs? The Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond, a traditional Scottish song and an unofficial anthem of Scotland. I love that song! I lived in Scotland for 4 years and I still think of it as my home. I saw Loch Lomond for the first time two days after moving to Edinburgh and standing on its banks I made a wish to always return to Scotland. I still go back whenever I can and plan to one day retire there. You can listen to the song here. I defy you not to at least hum : ).
- Why did you start a blog? In early August 2012 I went to a BBQ in east London. I met a girl who works at L’Oreal (marketing department). We talked for hours about beauty and makeup. I was very surprised and flattered when she said that I have a great knowledge of beauty related issues and I realised that I’m really passionate about it.
My 11 nominations are (in no particular order) . You girls are great:
- http://littlesweetandsour.wordpress.com/ An Australian teenager who blogs about random stuff but her posts are always colourful and sweet
- http://powderandpatchouli.com/ A great new beauty blog. You can see that the girl behind it puts a lot of work and thought into it.
- http://www.inthefrow.com/ Very pink beauty and fashion blog with daily posts. Great pics and reviews.
- http://zibabynature.wordpress.com/ A fantastic blog about all natural beauty products. Very in-depth reviews. I learned a lot from this blog.
- http://littlestbuzz.wordpress.com/ Another cute new beauty blog. I really like the fact that she photographs everything herself and swatches all makeup products.
- http://lottevdmark.wordpress.com/ – New nail art, art and DIY blog from the Netherlands. Apart from being from an awesome country this girl is really talented and has some cool ideas.
- http://allynorm.wordpress.com/ A very new nail blog. But the first couple of post are of very high quality so I think it’s going to be a great blog.
- http://wickednails.wordpress.com/ A well established nail blog with a super cute tag line. Great photos, great polishes, great blog.
- http://mirifiquebeauty.wordpress.com/ A super cool well established blog, with great reviews, a lot of humour and an awesome background photo, which by itself is enough reason to check it out J.
- http://beautyadoration.wordpress.com/ Another well established blog with all round fantastic reviews and pics. Amazing nail art and lots of different topics.
- http://catalinacan.wordpress.com/category/beauty/ A fellow UK blogger that blogs about beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Her posts are short and punchy. And always very informative. I love the fact that she always includes links and prices.
Congratulations guys and please answer 11 questions below:
- What makes a good blog post according to you?
- Blogging or vlogging? Would you consider starting a youtube channel?
- What’s your dream luxury beauty product: a product that you’d love to have but is just way to expensive?
- What’s the one thing in your beauty routine you still haven’t mastered?
- Where do you buy your beauty products? In store or online?
- What is your signature perfume scent?
- Do you have a favourite makeup/skincare brand?
- China Glaze/ OPI/ Essie / Orly/ Wet n Wild …? What is your favourite nail polish brand?
- What song always puts a smile on your face?
- What’s your typical Saturday morning like?
- Who’s your favourite beauty youtuber?